Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
If you are a business owner or homeowner with mold, it is important to take some steps before SERVPRO arrives to help contain the damage. This may include taking pictures of the affected areas, removing any wet or damaged items, stopping the source of water if possible, and cleaning mold off hard surfaces with soap and water. If the mold is on a fabric surface, dry it off and then wash it with detergent. Once you have cleaned the mold from all surfaces, put all of these items into a plastic bag and label it clearly so that SERVPRO can easily identify them when they arrive. Then simply wait for our team to come and address your mold problem. We have the experience and expertise necessary to quickly remove mold from your property and restore it to its original condition.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (615) 449-5000
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Wilson County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Wilson County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Mount Juliet
- Green Hill
- Rural Hill
- Castilian Springs
- Wilson County
- Trousdale County