Top 10 Residential Fires
Top 10 Residential Fire Hazards in Wilson County
- Electrical Outlet Issues
Electrical outlets are the most common cause of house fires in the United States. We use more electronic gadgets than ever before in 2021, and we do so frequently via multiple outlets on a single outlet. To help prevent fires, avoid using more than your voltage on a single outlet in your house.
- Outdated Home Wiring
Household wiring should be inspected on a regular basis to avoid the occurrence of major fire damage in your house. Wiring that is old, frayed, or even damaged by animals may create fire risks both inside and outside your home.
- Decorative Lights
When decorating with decorative lights, such as outside lights, outlets, surge protectors, extension cords, and turning off your Christmas Tree Lighting when you are not home to avoid accidents, be sure to use the necessary precautions.
- Hair Products
If you're in a hurry, don't forget to unplug your styling equipment. A simple error might result in significant damage. Make sure your curling iron and dryers are switched off and placed on heat-resistant material to minimize the risk of fire.
Proper maintenance of your toaster can aid in the prevention of house fires. Crumbs trapped within the toaster might be dangerous since they may cause sparks, which can result in serious issues in the kitchen. Make it a habit to clean your toaster on a regular basis.
We all adore candles and fragrances; however we must be cautious of placement when they are lit. Always try to use holders that keep candles from falling on surfaces or tabletops when placing them.
- Washer & Dryers
The dryer and washer are two of the most common causes of house fires. Cleaning filters and vents, as well as the outside vents of your home, can assist to prevent fire hazards by removing fluff from your tumble dryer's lint traps.
If you're a smoker or someone in your home, try to smoke outside. Lighters and matchsticks should always be kept out of reach of children since it's one of the most common causes of house fires.
- Dust in Electric Sockets
This is a regular procedure that must be completed as dust accumulates in electrical outlets, posing a fire risk if not regularly cleaned.
- Electric Blankets
Electric Blankets, on the other hand, can cause fires. Make sure you get an electric blanket with less wear and tear. When not in use, fold the blankets appropriately to minimize electrical problems that may cause fire hazards.
Should you experience a fire, let the experts at SERVPRO of Wilson County help restore your home “like it never even happened.” With our 24/7 emergency dispatch, we will have someone on-site quickly to access the damage and help you in your time of need. (615) 449-5000